- Ideal for Bacalao al Pil-Pil
- Tender, whole cod tenderloins
- Desalted, shipped frozen
- From the Basque country
- Size - About 10 oz/283 gr
These delicious tenderloins are desalted and ready to prepare in your favorite Spanish recipe. Center cut and boneless, they are the finest part of the bacalao.
Bacalao has been a favorite in Spain for centuries. Because it could be stored and transported without spoiling, it was enjoyed across the country. The Basque region became identified with the finest bacalao recipes, partly because much of the cod originally arrived in its ports before salting.
Normally cod must be soaked for at least a day to remove the salt before cooking. Our friends at La Bacaladera have done this for you - each beautiful white loin is desalted to perfection, then frozen and vacuum packed.
Simply thaw in the refrigerator and you are ready to prepare a number of classic Spanish recipes. These loins are particularly good for Bacalao al Pil-Pil because they are skin on, essential for creating the creamy, rich sauce associated with this dish.
Each package is shipped with dry ice and should be stored in the freezer until it is to be prepared.
- Pipirrana of Avocado with Flakes of Cod en Confit (Pipirrana de Aguacate con Bacalao Desmigado Confitado)
- Rice with Vegetables (Arroz en Paella con Verduras)
- Cabbage Stuffed with Marinated Cod (Repollo Relleno de Bacalao con Ajada)
- Braised Chickpeas, Spinach, and Salt Cod with Pimentón and Coriander (Potaje de Garbanzos, Espinacas, Bacalao, Pimentón y Cilantro)
- Leek and Potato Hotpot (Purrusalda)
- Piquillo Peppers Stuffed with White Fish (Pimientos del Piquillo Rellenos de Pescado Blanco)
- Orange, Red Onion, and Salt Cod Salad (Ensalada de Bacalao Salado, Naranja y cebolla Roja)
- Cod Fish Confit Over Cuttlefish Risotto, Sautéed Spinach a la Catalana and Foamy Emulsion of Alioli (Confit de Bacalao Sobre Risotto de Sepia, Salteado de Espinacas a la Catalana y Espuma de Alioli)
- Stuffed red Piquillo Peppers with Salt Cod and Shrimp in Tomato Peppers Sauce (Pimientos del Piquillo Rellenos de Bacalao y Gambas en Salsa de Pimiento de Bola)
May We Suggest
May We Suggest
- $18.95jm-01Add to cart
- Sale$19.95$17.95oo-45Add to cart
- $27.95se-01Add to cart
- Sale$17.95$15.95sp-33Add to cart
Customer ReviewsAverage rating from 2 reviews Write a review
"We make an Italian dish on Christmas eve with the Bacalao and we usually have to buy it a week in advance and soak it all week to desalt it. This year it was unavailable in our area and my older relatives we upset that we would not be able to have this traditional meal this year. When I heard this I went online to see if I could ordcer it but everyone said we wouldn't have enopugh time to desalt it. When your company offered it already desalted I jumped at the chance to order it and used the express shipping to get it hear in plenty of time. It made me look good to the elders in the family and it made the recipe DELICIOUS!! Thank You - I will be purchasing from your company again. "
Mary Beth - Dec 26, 2011
"Delicious. I like to soak it in milk for a few hours before i cook it in the oven. Need to debone and deskin."
Daniel - Oct 30, 2011