- Premium white Bonito tuna
- Hand-caught in the Cantabrian Sea
- Not your supermarket variety!
- Size - 3.95 oz/112 gr
Bonito del Norte is considered by Spaniards the finest of tunas. This thin, white fish has a mild flavor and is lower in fat than other varieties of tuna. Each is line-caught individually and packed in olive oil to keep it moist and flavorful.
Coleman Andrew, the Editor-in Chief of Saveur Magazine writes that Bonito tuna is "one of the great gastronomic pleasures of every day life."
The delicate flavor and texture of Bonito tuna is preserved by the ecological and dolphin-safe line-catching method, as it avoids the stress damage caused by harvesting by net. Enjoy this delicious tuna in salads, sandwiches, or as a stuffing for piquillo peppers.
Warning: once you taste this silky smooth tuna, you may never buy another tin of ordinary tuna!
White tuna, olive oil and salt.
Service size 1 can . Calories 160, Fat calories 100. Total fat 11g (17%), Sat. fat 2g (10%), cholesterol 15mg (5%), sodium 360mg, (15%), total carb 0g, (0%), fiber 0g ( 0%), sugars 0g, protein 14g. Vitamin A and C 0%. Calcium 2%, Iron 4%. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Onions Stuffed with Tuna Fish (Cebollas Rellenas de Atún)
- Baskets of Scrambled Eggs with Frigate Mackerel and Chives (Cestas de Huevos Revueltos con Caballa y Cebolleta)
- Spanish Style Mixed Salad (Ensalada Mixta a la Española)
- Tuna Salad with Roasted Piquillo Peppers (Ensalada de Atún con Pimientos Asados)
May We Suggest
May We Suggest
- $23.95oo-87Add to cart
- $14.95oo-93Add to cart
- Sale$29.95$25.95se-138Add to cart
- $18.95se-53Add to cart
Customer ReviewsAverage rating from 3 reviews Write a review
Charles Conner - Ajo, AZ
"This is so delicious! Supermarket tuna doesn't come close."
Elinor White - Kirkwood, MO
"Once you try this tuna,you will not go back to the "other" kind again. Nice and firm, great in salads or for "pintxos". "